I just mentioned she has been on the same food for years. She has done a review now and then for me which she enjoys on occasion. The day I received the Merrick Pet Care Sample Kit, she noticed. The box was sitting with two other boxes that arrived the same day. They were sitting on the corner of our dining room table. She kept gravitating over to the table to sniff the boxes. I finally opened up the box and showed her what was inside. (I am pretty sure she was doing the happy dance!)
Here she is trying one of the 6 varieties we received. She chowed it down within a few minutes. I honestly can’t tell if she likes one better than the other since she devoured them quickly. She did give the samples a two paws up!
Dog tasted. Dog approved.
To create its new menu of recipes, Merrick spent several years reinventing its formulas using the latest nutrition research, conducting an exhaustive review of farmers and suppliers, and developing quality assurance standards with its expert panel of dog taste-testers.
Now, the company presents 11 new recipes under the Classic and Grain Free brands designed to delight dogs everywhere. With regional farm-fresh ingredients, Merrick’s dog food recipes are built around five key promises that represent its commitment to better food for pets:
- Local growers: Merrick uses ingredients grown by American farmers and ranchers, not only to support local communities, but also to ensure freshness and food safety. With fewer distributors, handlers and warehouses, farm-grown ingredients get to Merrick’s kitchens faster.
- Nutritious real whole foods: Merrick uses food in its purest state — with no artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings and preservatives. Real meat provides essential amino acids dogs need; omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (“healthy fats”) provide energy; and vegetables, fruits and whole grains enhance dogs’ overall nutrition, absorption of nutrients and immune system function.
- Cooked in Merrick’s own kitchens: Putting cooking and quality control under one roof, Merrick cooks food in small batches in its kitchens in Hereford, Texas to ensure its foods exceed taste, health and presentation ratings, as well as that its recipes appeal to both human and pet palates.
- Balanced nutrition: Merrick Classic recipes feature a healthy balance of 60 percent meat/poultry/fish, 20 percent fruits and vegetables, and 20 percent whole grains. Its Grain Free recipes feature a balance of 70 percent meat/poultry/fish, 30 percent fruits and vegetables, and contain no wheat, rice or other grains, for dogs who have food allergies or sensitivities. Both brands ensure dogs get more of what they need and less of what they don’t.
- Health you can see: Since the adage “you are what you eat” applies to both people and pets, Merrick uses industry-leading levels of protein and healthy fats to ensure dogs’ optimal weight and energy; fatty acids for healthy skin and coat; glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy bones and joints; and highly digestible meat proteins, peas, apples and blueberries for improved digestion.
About Merrick Pet Care Inc.
Founded in 1968, Amarillo-based Merrick Pet Care Inc. is a leader in the super-premium pet food category. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food it can to help families take better care of their pets, Merrick has a passion for cooking up nutritious, real whole foods for pets. All foods are made in the USA using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco and online at www.merrickpetcare.com.
How would you like to win the same Merrick Pet Care Sample Kit I won?