Costco is celebrating National Pork Month by offering discounts on top pork cuts. Savings of $2.00 to $2.50 on pork chops, roasts, pork tenderloin and boneless loins.
I purchased a package of pork chops from Costco last week and created a slow cooker recipe for sweet and sour pork. The pork came out fork tender with a flavorful sauce. I served the sweet and sour pork over rice to complete the meal and I had enough to freeze for a meal later in the month. There were 4 pork chops left in the package so I can fix another meal with those. This one package made three meals for our family of four.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prep but it is so worth it.
- 5 Thick Cut Boneless Pork Chops (or Sirloin Tip Roast)
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Can (20 ounce) of Pineapple Tidbits (undrained)
- 1/3 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Diced Red, Orange and Yellow Sweet Peppers
- Cube 5 pork chops
- Add flour to a bowl or ziplock and coat pork
- Brown in hot Canola oil just until golden brown
- Remove and put into slow cooker
- Mix brown sugar, pineapple, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl
- Pour liquid mixture over pork
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Add diced peppers about 1 hour before serving
- Serve over rice or noodles
Don’t forget to enter to win $50 in Costco Cash – Giveaway ends this weekend so be sure to enter now!
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign through Costco, The National Pork Board and The Motherhood. All opinion expressed are completely my own.