Last year I made this fun and spooky guacamole dish for a recipe contest. It was award winning as I won first prize! I thought I would share it with you today so if you are doing a quick meal on Halloween, you could add this to your spread.
- 1 package of croissants
- 2 Hass Avacados
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/3rd of a peeled cucumber, diced
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream (put in baggie for piping spiderweb)
- I used a tube of croissants and fanned them out on a round stone. I made sure that the middle would be covered since that was the base of my bowl.
- I added foil crunched in a circle so I could bake the fingers so they would look like they would be holding the Spookamole.
- I had one finger that fell during baking so I added a toothpick to it while it cooled, which worked perfectly. Once the bread was cooled and was close to serving time I added some of our ripe cherry tomatoes right from our garden. I halved them and added a little cream cheese to the fingertips to act as a glue and put the red fingernails on. (Another option would be to put black olives as the fingertips and make a spider out of an olive and place it in the spookamole.)
- Add the avocados to bowl and mash with a fork. Add all ingredients and mix together. Once all ingredients have been combined, add spookamole into the Freakishly Fingerbowl. Add a tablespoon of sour cream into a baggie and cut a small corner off of the bag. Pipe several circles on the spookamole, then take a tooth pick and pull the circles so that it looks like a spiderweb. Adorn with plastic spiders or make some with black olives. Enjoy!