It is harder and harder to get a meal on the table around our house! Barilla found that the top triggers are 1) Work, 2) Household chores, 3) Errands, 4) Kids’ after school activities and 5) Kids’ homework. I must agree and if I could add one more…exhaustion. It’s hard to be creative in the kitchen when you have had a long, tiring day!
I gravitate towards pasta a couple meals a week. It’s always in the pantry and everyone in my house loves it. I am not alone either, it is recognized by parents and non-parents as a tasty (88%) and easy (87%) meal option and one that can be prepared using on-had ingredients from a pantry (82%).
I made a tasty meal in celebration of World Pasta Day. It’s super easy and doesn’t even need a meat. I found a recipe from The Modern Family Pasta Cookbook I knew my family would love. We had cherry tomatoes from the garden which was needed in the recipe.
- 1 Box Barilla White Fiber Mini Shells
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 Pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - to taste
- 6 Leaves Basil, cut Julienne style
- 1/2 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil
- In a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until translucent
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes until blistered.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than required cooking time, drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- Toss pasta with onions,tomatoes and pasta water
- Remove from heat
- Add basil and cheese
- Stir to combine and serve
What will you make tonight for World Pasta Day?
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Barilla. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.