Our house consists of laminate hardwoods with large area rugs downstairs. While upstairs is all carpet (except for the bathrooms and laundry room). I tend to run the vacuum (my wonderful old Hoover WindTunnel2-I am a Hoover girl) once or twice a week. We have a dog and her fur tends to float here and there. The vacuum is the only thing that picks it up completely.
One of the first things I noticed (in comparison to my other Hoover) is the size. The base is only 12 inches wide so it can fit into tight spaces. It has been tough for the past few years getting under end tables and behind certain furniture. This swivels right into those small spaces with ease. The vacuum handle also reclines to get under the beds or couches! The vacuum only weighs only 12.4 pounds…but don’t let it’s size fool you!
I must say, the suction is amazing! One of our area rugs is hard to clean and I have never felt it was really vacuumed. The WindTunnel Air got it looking great! It is now the off-white it should be!
There are two more features of this vacuum that I personally love. The first is the long cord…30 feet long! My last one was definitely not that long so I had to break up the house into sections. This one I can complete the downstairs with only one move. The other feature that is a must have for me is the brush-roller shut off. Having hardwoods I need the ability to turn on or off the rollers. The switch is at the top of the canister which is convenient.
I must mention this vacuum is bagless!!! Have you ever priced vacuum bags? They are expensive and unless it is a new vacuum you have to order them online. (I know this from experience!) You can rinse out the filter yourself. I am liking being able to discard the dust bunnies right into the garbage!
Did the vacuum have any cons? Only one. I had a hard time figuring out the hoses but once I read the instruction manual, I was good to go. Would I buy this vacuum if I was shopping for one? Absolutely! The performance gets an A from me!
- Only 12.4 pounds – the lightest Hoover® full-size bagless upright available – easy to use
- WindTunnel® Technology – removes embedded dirt** and minimizes blowback or scatter
- Quick Fit™ Hose – one-touch releases handle for easy attachment to hose so you can
- Intuitive Power Controls – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your
- Brushroll Shut-Off – automatically turns off when vacuum is put in upright position
- Fabulous Filtration – multi-cyclonic filtration system, rinsable filter and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media. HEPA media traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3microns.
- Carry Handle – on top of dirt cup so you can easily lift the lightweight vacuum for moving up or down stairs
- 30′ Power Cord – vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Clear Nozzle with No Scuff Bumper – protects furniture and baseboards from scuffing and allows you to see Hoover® WindTunnel® technology in action
- Deep Recline Handle – lets machine recline flat to clean under furniture
- Limited 2-year warranty
- 3-in-1 Combination Tool
- 30″ Extension Wand – extends reach of the hose
- Crevice Tool – helps clean nooks and crannies
- Upholstery/Dusting Brush – helps get furniture clean
- 8′ Stair Hose – Attaches to the Quick Fit™ hose for 12 feet of cleaning reach on stairs without carrying your vacuum
Disclosure: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.